Bass pro extreme users

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Extreme rods,reels,lures or what.Everything we have is Extreme.

I have two spinning reels(excellent) a free spooler reel I use on a bottom rigging rod( thats a walleye term for stump carp fishermen) good.

fatrap

reels, are great reels for the money. pretty dang solid. I actually like the Pro Qualifiers better, but if you get in on a reel trade in, you can get the extremes for a great price.

Love the 6'8" med w/fast tip (spinning),...I have 2-3...BEST drop shot rod BPS makes!!:wub:

Thanks for the replies, I was wondering about the reels. How about backlash for a beginner with the baitcast.

Bubby:)

Contrary to popular belief, it is easier to learn bait casters with the higher end gear more-so than the cheapies. Better components, drag and brake systems make the upper lever bait casters easier to throw. Scrape up the cash for a BPS Enigma which is designed to eliminate backlashes or "professional over runs" as I like to call them. Bottom line if you want to save some $$, get what your budget will allow, then practice by cranking the brakes down and using heavier practice weights. As you become more confident and your thumb gets a little educated, back them off and throw lighter weights. I have taught many a client on how to throw baitcasters. I only had 1 that had a problem and he was throwing a $500 Shimano. He thought the reel was defective so I took it from him, adjusted the brakes, made a cast and handed it to him while the bait was still in the air and line flying off the spool:lol: :lol:

Thanks for the replies!!! It was asked for my son. I use the Shimano's, and thought what was stated to be correct. Wanted other opinions.

Bubby:)

"Contrary to popular belief, it is easier to learn bait casters with the higher end gear more-so than the cheapies" <-------- That statement is 100% the truth.

I cant tell you how many times i have given that advice only to have it ignored. Every person i have ever taken on my boat that had had trouble learning a baitcaster bought a cheap one and gave up on it because it was too hard. I hand them a shimano and after a lesson or two they have no problems amy more.

anti back lash suck!!!! But the higher end bps versions and it will be money well spent

I have all BPS reels, 4 Johnny Morris and a carbon lite and 2 extreme spinning reels and have not had a problem with any of them...

Latest posts

Back