Back for help again!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobby smith2

Reaction score
I have a 98' nitro 912 savage. I took up the driver seat (hinged) and found a prop holder. I also found the compartment full of water. There is no drain hole in this compartment. Is there a reason why or can I drill one for drainage? Thanks!

Bobby

One other thing, any help with removing old stickers off fiberglass??

Don't know about your seat compartment but have removed many decals from many different types of boats and vehicles. Use a hair dryer on the low setting, warm up the decal then start pulling off the decal. The best tool you can use is your thumb nail. It won't scratch the surface. Just about anything will. You can you products like WD40, Goof Off, paint thinner, and even lacquer thinner to remove the adhesive left over. I put the liquid on a soft rag and wipe a small area and let it sit for a few minutes. Then with the rag and thumbnail you rub and scrap at the same time. Takes a little practice but works with no problem. Just removed those big advertising "TRACKER" decals off my 2012 Targa and replaced them with smaller ones. I had no scrathes what so ever.

Well the Tracker Dealer told me he didn't know why there wouldn't be a drain hole in this compartment. He advised me not to drill into the bottom but to drill a hole out the backside so it could drain into the hull area like eveything else.

Check the location lets saaaaay about 20 times before drilling anywhere. You can drill a hole through the hull, into wiring, into tubing and into trouble. NEVER drill a hole that you don't know what's on the other side. I'm speaking from the school of hard knocks.

fatrap

Latest posts

Back