Auto bilge

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lorenzo D

Reaction score
Hi Guys first time post here. I hope I can help others with questions in the future. just bought a nitro 901 cdx last year. Boat runs nice. I had a leaking livewell and figured out it was a bad pump. I swapped out the cartridge and all is good with the livewell. This brings up my question with the bilge pump. I have a manual/auto button on the console. When I push the button the manual light comes on and it will pump out water. I noticed the auto function didn't kick in. I thought maybe I didn't have a float switch but upon investigation I do have one and it's a Ultima switch. You guys that have this function does it work if the main boat power is off? How does it work? I figure the auto function should work without me having to do anything? I'm trying to find out if the float switch has gone bad. Any thoughts would be appriciated. Thanks

The float switch has to be 'lifted' as if the water level was rising and only then will the pump kick in if it is on 'auto'.

You may be able to just lift the float if it is external otherwise you may just have to turn the hose on and fill part of the bilge to test it. In my opinion that's the best way because you are exactly mimicking how you want it to turn on, and that is a rising water level!

Well I figured out the problem. It was a blown fuse. Once that was replaced the float switch came on. The switch is a digital ultima float switch. All sealed. No actual moving parts. Not sure how it works, but once it senses water it turns on. The key to making this work in auto is having it directly wired to the battery. This way if master power is off, float switch will still work in case of flooding. I'm happy was only a cheap fuse replacement.

2009 with merc 200 optimax. Came with high five 5 blade prop. I get 61mph with two guys , full live wells, full tank of gas. Hole shot with this prop is extremely fast. What prop do you have and what is your performance like.

25 3 blade tempest. I sacrifice hole shot for 71 mph. If im laoded down. Full tank two people i still get 68
How bad is your hole shot. I'm looking for a new prop to get more speed. I have to say though with the 5 blade the hole shot is so good I'd hate to have to plow down the lake to get on pad. Any idea how far below pad your prop nose is? Thanks.

Latest posts

Back