Attn. Nissan Titan Owners

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Higgs2

Reaction score
Nissan Truck owners with the 5 spoke wheels. Look out for cracks in any of the spokes. Mine is an 08 Titan 4x4 with 24000 miles. Hope these pics are not to big. There is no impact marks anywhere on the wheel.
wheel.jpg
wheel01.jpg

YIKES!!!...That's not good!,.....Glad you caught that before it turned ugly!!:blink:

That better be a warranty job even if you're past the standard time frame or mileage limitation. Make it known that you'll play hardball if they don't cooperate....that's NOT a standard "wear and tear" issue!!:eek:

Greg - the shop people should not have been surprised. A lot of the dealers/distributors will install aftermarket wheels on trucks having given the suppliers truck specs. Sometimes, either through mis-identification of proper specs, too light duty a tire per truck or casting problems, cracks will spontaneously appear. There have been past NHTSA recalls for such issues. So while not common, its not unheard of.

Bottom line - glad that the dealer stepped up and made it right. Nissan dealers are not known for being on the straight and narrow (and I know this as a Nissan car owner!).

If it was my truck i would ask to have all 4 replaced. More then likely they all came from the same lot and if there is a casting problem the others could have the same thing happen eventually.

They are stock wheels. When they change it out I am going to have them check out the others.

Latest posts

Back