Anyone use "Glory Bags"???

• Thread starter Glenn DesOrmeaux
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TritonGlenn

Reaction score
I've always used a colored rope culling system in my boat, for about, ohhhh..... 10 or so years now. I have a good set that I've been using for years, made by a guy in California. They have the little shower ring connectors.

This past week, I won a set of "Glory Bags" at a Kids fishing day outting. I don't know about these things..... To me, they look like they would do the fish more harm, but the manufacturer claims that they cause the fish less stress as they keep the fish calm. I'm skeptical about using them, as I havn't accidentally killed a fish in years, and I don't want to start now.

Anyone have any experience with them???

All the best,

Glenn

glen,

i belive tox use's them. but i think if i remember correctly you are local to va. so, woods and waters magazine is or just finished a 2 part test to see if they really work. do a search for woods and waters magazine and read the results.

mike

I have not used them this year but I will be picking up a set if I decide to stay in the tournament game. Best thing since livewells!!:p Tommy Ball is as honest as the day is long, he's a preacher for cryin out loud!! I've been to many shows with him and have heard all of the praises and complaints from customers. The one and only complaint is that if you do not zip the bag up tight on both ends, there is a slight chance the fish "nosing" out of the bag when you lift it up. That is the only complaint. He has even tested them on deepwater smallies that normally would have to be fizzed and they went back in the lake after a stay in the livewell just fine. They are a little pricey but it is well worth it. The fish don't thash in the livewells either. They settle right down in the bags

TOXIC

Spoke with KB this afternoon. I'm going to give them a try this weekend. I have a tournament on Chickahominy river, so if I can manage to catch enough fish..... :rolleyes: , I'll give them a shot.

All the best,

Glenn

They are set up as a culling system also AND.......you can weigh the fish in the bags, there's a hole for the scale. No more poking holes in their mouth or hanging them by the gill plate.

TOXIC

I must be thinking to much about fishing, because that never crossed my mind.

:lol::lol::lol:

Back