Anyone ever heard of this?

• Thread starter Richard Reed [URL]http://www.stickitanchorpins.com
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got through with the Raliegh NC boat/fishing show and they were being sold there...THEY caught my eye....as they are used alot in Florida....this is a shallow water application....I like everything I saw and I think at the Greensboro NC I am going to pull the trigger

Affordable option for a powerpole. I have seen one advertised that attaches to your TM bracket as well. My only concern would be storing the anchor pole somewhere in the boat especially if you have a smaller deck.

TOXIC

www.venomlures.com also has a similar product that attaches to your Trolling motor.

A three foot piece of 1" ID schedule 40 or 80 PVC cut in half, two SS 2" cable clamps, and two 8-10' (or whater length you choose) fiberglass tree stakes will get you fore and aft anchor pins for about $10 and a job done in 15 minutes. After cutting the PVC in half, take one and Dremel or dril two slots 1" long and about 1" apart, 4" or so down from each end of the PVC piece. This is where the cable clamps will go through and then around the upper TM shaft. Forward anchor pin (tree stake) goes through here. The second piece of PVC gets 3/8" holes drilled only on one side 4" down from each end. Exactly opposite the 3/8" holes, drill 3/16" holes for mounting screws. (You can also use a single rod holder sold in most outdoor stores for the transom anchor pin.) Mount this on an unobstructed, flat area at the transom. (You may need to offset the bottom mounting screw with a couple of SS flat washers to compensate most bass boats 5 deg. offset.) Finish it off with two SS 3/16" screws and a dot of Marine RTV in the mounting holes and snug PVC to transom. This will be the aft anchor pin location. Most any lawn & garden or even Home Depot will have fiberglass tree stakes in lengths up to about 12', should you like. I run a 19' Carolina Skiff and bungee the poles front and back deck on the side when not in use and out of the way. I've seen crappie fishermen in Rangers with velcro strips slid through their rubrail fore and aft to hold them clean and easy, too. Enjoy! ;)

Oh, and on whatever anchor pins you use make sure to wrap up the handle end for a good grip for planting it and install a good strong loop through the handle end for easier removal. (For clay/mud the rope strap gives a great pull point to pop the suction loose.) :D

Interesting repllies. My only concern with the "Pin Brake" is if the bracket would clear the gunwale at the bow of a Bass boat! Mounting it at the stern would be a pain having to run to the back of the boat to deploy, or raise it.

If anyone mounts one, let us know how well it works!

they work....so does a couple of PVC pipes. They have been using them for shiner fishing in florida for YEARS!

Then why buy PowerPoles? Easy. They work better!

Sure a Power Pole works better. A Z-9 works better than a Z-6, but, like I couldn't justify the extra expense for my needs, I can't justify $1500 or so for a Power Pole. I just don't need it that bad.

But I might spend less than $200 for the Pin Brake. I just wondered if any one was using one.

heres the link to the Venom Lures Down Right.

http://venomlures.com/venom_down_right.htm

sorry, thanks for the help. I don't have one or any relation with them, just fit the thread. Hope it helps someone.

I want a Minn Kota Talon but would really only use it for sight fishing in June. Then it would just be in the way. If this thing actually works and can hold me in a semi rocky bottom, I might just give it a try. Like said above, a LOT cheaper. I'm sure it won't hold in 20 mph winds but at that point I won't be sight fishing anyway!

Really like that venom one because you can lock it in with the tension screw.

(Venom Down Right Anchor System).

Hmmmm, interesting concept. I don't think I'd get a lot of use out of it but I DO like that bracket that's hooked to the TM shaft (without the pole installed). There's no place to hook an anchor on my 2011 Z6 but then I started thinking "why not hook your anchor to this bracket on the TM shaft?". Then I saw the price ($219). So I'm off to the drawing board to design a TM Shaft Bracket that I can tie off my anchor to .....

Be careful, my concern with the Venom is the torque you put on the TM and it's mounting to your deck. That nose fiberglass is not that sturdy unlike where your cleats are mounted.

TOXIC

Latest posts

Back