Anyone ever has a microdoscectomy?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim B

Reaction score
Im set to have one on the 20th of the month for a massivly herniated disc at l5-s1 which is causing me a huge amount of nerve pain 24-7 in my left leg. Just wondering if anyone has had one what the experience was like and how the recovery went.

I had one 2 years ago. After the surgery I did have small shooting pains for a while but they are gone. I still have numbness in the balls of both feet, tingling down both legs and some discomfort depending on what I do. The severe pain I was having is gone. My doctor said I will always have the tingling and the numbness but the pain is gone. I personally feel it's worth it.

Had one about 6 years ago in the same area. Everything went well, had some pain after surgery, but that was from the inflammation from the surgery. When you are healed work on strengthening your core and stretching and that will help with any future problems.

Can't offer any experience on the procedure, but I've suffered with chronic back pain off and on for over 25 years, so I empathize.

Good luck with the procedure! Let us know how it goes.

I had a principal where I taught that had a disk in his neck repaired via a scope. Things are 100% now a few years later.

fatrap

Latest posts

Back