Anybody's fishing been impacted by the shutdown?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rbstern

Reaction score
Haven't seen any evidence of it near me, other than the ramp I used to use for the Chattahoochie River is in a park that is now closed.

Haven't seen any evidence of it near me, other than the ramp I used to use for the Chattahoochie River is in a park that is now closed.

Carter's Lake is completely closed because of it, it only has two public boat ramps I believe and they are both Corps ramps. :(

Also on Allatoona my normal ramp is closed so I have to put in and drive 10 minutes to get to where I net bait and then drive back up to where I want to fish.

Nope, no problems - course I fish public accessible in TN and coastal/private owned areas in Louisiana.

The Army Corp Of Engineers who oversee the Clarks Hill Lake have been shutting down all the ramps located inside their camping areas for years. Some of the best ramps with the new expensive aluminum docks are closed after Oct. 1st until sometime in March. It's a shame that taxpayers money was spent to put these ramps and docks in but only the people camping can use them. They are closed under the guise of saving maintenance money--what a hoot. How much maintenance do you do on a concrete ramp that has been in place for 30 years? How much maintenance does an aluminum dock need that stays in the water all year anyway need? I don't understand the "Corp's" reasoning!

Latest posts

Back