Another new guy

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roger Mikels

Reaction score
To all the regulars.

My name is Roger and I have an addiction. I am a bass fishing addict. I have had this problem since I was 10.

Now before any of you judge me for my problem, take along look in the miror!!!LOL

I don't want any help getting over it, so don't even try!

In all seriosness I have been watching this board for a while now and have posted a few times but I just can't lurk any longer. Keep up the great job with helping ohters with our addictions.

I just can't think of to many things better than sittig in you're boat waiting for take off, thinking of all the possiblilities of the day.

Welcome, we come in peace! LOL Have fun, good to have ya! My wife says I'm a bass fisherman with a family problem. I don't get it........

Roger - Welcome aboard Mate! Glad to have another BOILERMAKER - Hear that Mac and Rob!!! Purdue RULES!!!

Once again, repeat after me...a boilermaker is a shot of whiskey and a beer!!!

For what it is worth....

Roger...this board is populated by people your mother would not let you play with if they lived in your neighborhood...

So, you should have lots and lots of fun here!!!!

Oh, and beware of the black flies....

Don't drag me into your little rivalry! Wolverines EAT boilermakers! Actually I didn't go to MI, but wanted to. I was a Cougar! But P'burgh Cardinals RULE! They actually do have one of the best if not THE best hockey squad in their division. Big time local support at the games here during season. If you aren't a Card fan, don't say it in public!

Au contrare, Robby...Wolverines DRINK boilermakers...see above!!!

After my 9 years in the military I think I fit in the same category. I like to fish, work hard, spend time with loved ones, watch sports and drink Jim Beam and cokes. Not exactly in that order.

By the way any one ever had the trim switch on their throttle go bad. It will not trim up, and it is a royal pain to point the nose at the sky every time I change spots.

I am an electronics tech so I think I can handle the repair, just wondering if anyone else had the same prob.

Oh and Purdue Pete will crush all rivals with his sledge hammer!!! Hail Purdue!!!!

Ken, I ment the little dudes that make boilers, see Treps post about what a boilermaker is. But hey we'll have plenty of the drink version at the next rally. And fellas, since this Cougar alum doesn't have to drive, and isn't at home or hosting the next, there will be no early to bed nights on the KenandMacFloatinghouseboathotel! We'll all stay up and warm ourselves by the cozy fire leaping from Toxic's arse! LOL On Saturday night, we're planning on feeding him beans and 180 proof moonshine for some fireworks to pay tribute to that day's winners! Should prove to be quite a show. And on Sunday, Buzz and I are taping him to the back of the 896 for TURBO! Just you try and catch us. Ever seen a Nitro do mach III? Don't worry Toxic, we'll cut you in for your share of the winnings. Should cover the preparation H cooling pads for the ride home! Hey, think we can strap him to the truck too? It would turn an 11 hour ride into 4.25 minutes!

Hi, my name is Scott and I'm an addict.....

Welcome to the program, Roger!

Y'all can"t expect a Husker to sit back and let all of this testosterone go un challenged do ya. Hockey huh, isn't that where they strap skates on their feet and do figure 8's and flying souchous (pr. sow cows). Why in big red land, we are all taught as young un's not to play on the ice when the pond freezes. I guess you guys up north gotta have something to do until spring ice out which is ohhhhh about July, right? Perdue???? I thought they packaged chickens, orange chickens at that. Wolverines, hmmmmm oh yeah, that team that has the Detriot airport landing strip painted on their helmets?? By the way welcome to the ward and ya know what.....I"M NOT THE NEWBIE ANYMORE!!!

T-Mann, help!!

Let the bloodletting begin.

TOXIC

Listen corn h___e uh I mean husker, we are NOT chikens. Well o.k. it does make for a good joke, I will let it slide.

They don't play hockey in Nebraska cause they can't figure out why all the players drown during the summer!!

ohhhhhhhh, this is going to be fun. Well, you've undoubtably heard the old addage, "play with matches and you'll get burned". I, my friend add another dimension to that saying. And if I fail there are hoards of mutant insects that have claimed one victim and are now chasing a guy around in womens underwear. Be afraid, be very afraid.

TOXIC

pretend I'm Rob....

(whining) "They weren't underwear, they were BOXERS"

Bring out the Holey roach motel.

The number of vacancies is three, the vacancies they are four...no five... no three. What.... the Holey roach motel does not work on black flies. Run away! Run away!

Pretend I'm Neeley whining "Oh poor me, cooped up at BPS all day fishing in the tank while all my friends go out and get sun burned! Whaaaaaa, poor me" "Hey look Mac, we got 1 extra widdle fishie, we don't need him, I'll throw him back" "OUCH those black flies HURT when they bite!" "oh that's ok, look it's swelling....always knew it would get bigger someday!"

Boiler - We've got them on the run, their running into the cornfields with slim-jims and lighters!!!

Purdue, where Men are Men and Sheep are NERVOUS!!!

See, even us edjumakated folks can joke!!!

Hey Rob, have you ever heard of the Middlebury Panthers hockey team, I think they kick Plattsburgh Arss..LOL

Toxic to Rob--- I fart in you're general dIrection.

Rob to Toxic ---- Not today I am wearing the latest JO BOXER briefes, unflatulance!

Uh Boiler, I think that would be :

Rob to Toxic - Not today i am wearing the lastest Hanes HER Way Boxers!!!

OK, THAT'S IT!!!!! I'M KICKIN ALL YOUR ARSES! IN MY PINK VELVET HANES PANTIES! Never mess with a redneck in panties.

And Buzz Middlebury Panthers play hockey in June cause that dang mountain never thaws! I played there once. No heat in the stadium! My mom froze! Plus you got something in the water over there that makes them boys a little big, and none too bright, but BIG! Now don't even try to say next that UVM can beat Plattsbugh State cause I'd know you've been sniffing fletching glue over there.

Hey, don't forget about the Nitro with the disco ball and the pilot in the day glo orange leisure suit.

welcome to the board boiler00

i'm Steve and i have the same addiction

good thing we have this place to go to for therapy

You call this therapy? I would say it was more of a fix than therapy. Boy am I Jones'n for that next bite. LOL

Boilermakers????? Cornhuskers??????? Are those sports teams of some kind? I'm sorry but I never heard of them. Are they any good? And Hockey--- isn't that where you go drink beer and watch guys with funny names beat the crap out of each other? Now that IS a good time. Personally I believe in what George Carlin said: there are only three sports-- Football,Basketball,and Baseball. All the others are activities. Now when the Millionaires go on strike, Baseball will definitally will be replaced by Bass Fishing. Let's see if the bookies can figure out a way to bribe the fish.

Wow Welcome aboard, I used to feel bad about jumping in but after a short time here I just think about jumping....LOL. btw I left a rattle trap stuck to a bridge at last years Anglers Choice regional on Lake St Claire if Mac on Ken could track it down they are welcome to keep it.

Bruce

welcome to ya boiler00 from the sooner nation. I'm addicted too. A couple of weeks to go and the real american sport of college football gets started up.

go sooners!

james d.

Ohhhh james d. & sooner fan, I've only got one thang to say," TRICK PLAYS DON'T WORK!!!"

Go Huskers--(T-Mann where are you, I'm outnumbered)

TOXIC
trickplay.jpg

Send those Huskers out here. I have a truck load of corn that needs to be shucked. LOL

Um I'm no film expert, but that receiver sure does appear to have the d-back beat! If there isn't a safety waiting for him somewhere out of the pic, he's got a TD for sure!

TOXIC and T_Mann:

GO BIG RED!!! (Count me on the side of the Huskers.)

that was a trick play that worked and was probably the play of the year for the huskers. during that game, our qb got hurt for the season. OU tried that same play and it would have worked but our qb tripped and fell down - how embarrassing! that was a good game even though our offense was weak last year. Awesome defense carried the team all year. Every game between ou and nu is a great one. the previous year (our national championship year undefeated etc...) ou was down in the first quarter 14 zip to nu. I think the game ended up 31 - 14 ou.

Toxic - do the huskers play colorado this year (that was a shot below the belt)? if not, maybe we can decide this in the big 12 championship game -

if - we can get past the osu cowboys (toxic let's one loose back at me and that really hurt bad), texas, alabama, and colorado. sure miss playing huskers each year as that is a great rivalry that was messed up with the 2 team rotating system of the north and south of the big 12.

looks to be another great year in the sooner nation as the stoops troops are winnin games again. - even though the db gets beat now and then.

james d.

Now Tim, I've never needed to be told to go fishin, as a matter of fact it's usually the other way around. Remember that commercial where the plane flies over the two guys in the boat and it's towing a banner that says "come home Rob" and then Neeley turns to Rob in the boat and says "I'd sure hate to be you Rob". By the way, the names were changed to protect the innocent. Anyway Tim, KU or KSU my friend. My wife went to KU, so she has learned not to say ANYTHING until basketball season. One of my best friends went to KSU and boy do we banter. Below is a little reminder. And for the NU-OU rivalry, it is the most exciting college game that you can go to. I went last year and I could not get out of my seat not even to go to the head. Yeah, we play Colorado this year, I was debating going back for that game but since the Red Tide will spank them like redheaded stepchildern THIS year, I'm going to the Texas game instead.

OK, OK, enough football.

TOXIC
revenge.jpg

Let's just put it this way, I live 35 miles from Manhattan and we are very proud of what BIll Snyder has accomplished with his boys. Ten years ago we wouldn't even be questioning KU or KSU!! bUt I guess I am like alot of people around here and say one in the fall and one in the winter! (I don't blame your wife a bit for not saying anything during football season! but that could all change with their new head coach) I don't get to follow any sports like I used to, but College football always finds a place in my heart and I don't care what big 12 team is on I will watch it!

It seems like the Cats are always shootin for the Huskers though. We have given away several games in the past(mostly turn overs!!) at key points that would have kept things interesting!

Just keep givin it away, my boys need all the help they can get when the Cats come to town. And Rob, what made that play great was theat the "receiver" was actually Eric Crouch the NU QB. OU tried the same play in the same quarter and their QB was WIDE open and fell running down the field. Either team could have one on the same play. It was just tooo freakin cool. I have NEVER been so excited at a game that I wasn't playing in (couldn't talk for 2 weeks). And yeah, I had a chance to walk on at NU, my dad knew Devaney, I went down suited up, went out on the practice field my Senior year in HS and discovered that I wasn't as tough as I thought I was. I went home and told my dad to get out the checkbook cause there wasn't going to be a free ride for me. I tried, but I only lasted 1 year in the program (bad hamstrings). I did get to play and know guys like Dave Remington, Otius Lee, Vince Farragamo, Rich Glover, Dave Butterfield and a host of others.

gotta stop now, I'm gettin all teary eyed.

TOXIC

toxic - the picture about the black shirts is great, but, that almost looks like a personal foul - face mask penalty - 15 yards!! good luck w/the longhorns this year as it is time you got them on your schedule - we have to play em every year - In Dallas! ---

it is great what snyder has done. I'm glad we don't have to play KSU twice this year. KU's gettin a really good coach in Mangioni. This kids will really like him and they are gonna play real hard for him. He was really liked at OU.

Go Big Red (of the south)

james d.

Hey Boiler00 - While these LOOSERS are trying to pump up support for their LOOSER schools, check out this great pictures of the Engineering mall and the fountain!
m_img_0439.jpg

Toxic, I'm a Cornhusker fan, I went to college in Nebraska at what now is the University of Nebraska@Kearney.. My oldest child is cornhusker born... GO Big Red

Hey Trep, I may just be from a "Loser" school but I always thought "Fountains" had water in em?? Designer musta missed that day in engenieering class(lol). Buzz my friend, you are an island in a sea of sooners. UN Kearney is a great school and has given the hometeam a lot of "walk-ons". I gotta funny story for ya---The last time NU took the National Championship what 5-6-7-years ago, my buddy flew to Virginia and we were going to watch them play in the "kickoff classic" in the Meadowlands vs. West Virginia. We leave in my jeep with the top off and a huge banner tied around the roll bar that said "Husker Pride Nationwide". On the Jersey turnpike a real nice custom greyhound type bus honked and passed us (believe me, we were getting the thumbs up or flipped off by every other car) and I didn't pay any attention to it. They slowed down and I passed them, they sped up and passed me honking...this went on 3 or 4 times and when I finally looked close (the windows were tinted) the next time they passed me, there was an arse inevery window and a "Go West Virginia" sign in the back window. Welllll, not to be outdone my buddy jumped into the back of the jeep, held on to the rollbar, dropped trou and I sped by them horn blaring. Everybody had a good laugh EXCEPT for the Jersey State Trooper who nailed me for speeding and my buddy for indecent exposure. At least we won the game!!

TOXIC

TOXIC - It's a variable fountain that has multiple smaller "jets" and a big one up the middle. It's also designed so you can Walk thru it. The old one used to have a problem because on the "rights" of passage was skinny dipping in the fountain at night. Problem was since the old fountain was not designed for coeds running thru it, it had lots of lights, wiring and cables and LOTS of coeds ended up at the hospital or having to have the cops help them get there!!!LOL

Oh toxic.... See when the tempature outside reaches a certian mark, water freezes. I guess that explains that giant icle in downtown Lincon. What ever happened to old Eric Crotch any way? I see Boiler great Drew Brees is starting in the NFL!!

Toxic

On a serious note, How does you're boat ride?

I was thinkig of upgrading and the 929 is an option.

I heard that the 901 has just as good a ride, but the person who told me that was bias.

Rob,

The parking lot is much to look at, but in the summer the girls on the grass are!!!!!

Boiler - I DO Miss the walks thru the grass the first few weeks of school!!! Also cruising the dorms/Sororities where the ladies tan!

oh yeah the boat------

Rides GREAT but as many others will tell you, it's more the driver than the boat. Besides, you better know what you are doing if you wanna let the the black witch go.....boat'll fly but you gotta drive her. Come on out and we'll go for a little ride (if I can find a lake in VA that's not dried up!!)

TOXIC

At P'burgh state they tan on the rooftops all over campus. Makes for a lot of traffic accidents as guys gawk while approaching the intersections! And as I said before, because they CAN go topless legally in NY, many of the soroities partake just to mess with the frats! Personally, I never look. I'm a happily married man. 20 year old tanning hard bodies don't appeal to me at all....nope, not a bit. I love my wife, I love my wife, I Love my wife! LOL, hey she checks out the lacrosse players out there all sweaty with no shirts on, it's ONLY FAIR that I get to review bikinis or the lack thereof. Women look too, they just don't get caught as often.

Toxic

Who is Crouch playing for?

I guessed he would be moved to another position, to much talent not to be.

Driving the boat is no problem. Drove my fathers 19 foot ranger as a kid, but I have to try and justify a big boat when I usually fish small water. I guess it's just the new toy sendrom.

Just to set the record straight!

UN @ Omaha does play hockey (starting our 4th season) and made it to the playoffs the first year.

We had a farm team here (coached at one time by Scotty Bowman) and a guy I know got a stick autographed by Bobby Orr when he played here!

Last year our USHL team took the nationals so ..... yes, we know hockey here!

You can BS all you want about the Huskers but we have a real had time trying to get anybody to play us. It seems that after they do, they have a tough time making it through the rest of the season with what's left of their team!

WARNING: A trip to Lincoln may be hazardous to your football career!

T

Crouch is playing for the St. Louis Rams, I think he's third string. Everybody knew he wasn't going to make it as a QB but I'm glad he is getting a shot. Gotta admit though, I've seen a lot more LESS talented QB's make it in the pro's (look at Crouch's accomplishments for cryin out loud!!) Not a lot of difference between the 901 vs. 929 hull design is the same.

TOXIC

Yo! Toxic...... what pick was Kurt Warner in the draft???

It is fun watching how these guys progress (with the exception of Phillips!)

That's a hard way to make a living.

T

T_Mann,

Welcome back!! Now where were you when they were slammin' me earlier on this thread?!? Ain't it great that we can have this long of a thread on football!! I think I did us proud with the pics and all. I've been gone so long that all of my info. has to be researched, it's not like I get to hear about it out here. Oh, yeah, they'll give the Florida teams tv time as well as UVA, VA Tec & the Terps but just TRY and get ANY good Big 12 info. here in the East, nonexistant to say the least.

TOXIC

T---

You mean when they pulled Warner out of that Hy Vee or was it Albertson's grocery store in Des Moines. At least he was a "stocker" and not a "sacker"! I forgot Hockey at UNO (University of no opportunity---I couldn't resist). That's why you need to back me up!! I almost forgot the Omaha Knights Semi-pro Hockey team!! I used to go watch them fight....I mean play at AKSARBEN. Ah, the memories.

TOXIC

Last season was the LAST season for hockey at the AK!

We're building a new arena here and UNO will be playing there.

The Lancers (Junior A) is moving from the AK to accross the river in CB. That program was written up in USA Hockey as the model to follow. The packed the Aksarben arena (6,000+) for 350+ sellout games in a row. You might say Omaha missed the Knights when they went to Atlanta.

T

Latest posts

Back