Another broken rod??

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Gross

Reaction score
I was fishing a tournement on Rainy lake MN. last weekend when I busted another rod . A Pro Qualifer 02G that makes two rods this season is this common or am I just special!Also does anyone know if there is any garantee on this style rod ? Luckily it wasn't one Mac had painted .Not that I would through it away anyhow.It broke about ten inches above the cork.

How come you keep breakin' rods???!!!....hhahahahahha....I have yet to break one!!!! You're killin' ME!!! LOL

Mac, I don't know why! I have never broken a rod's before this either.But when someone like you ,a guy I look up to says "I'm killin him" then the shame is to great to bare. LOL. Maybe I just power-arm it to much.I'll try to be more rythmatic in my casting in the future, and use my wrists more.

A fan,

hahahahhahhahah,......naw,...don't lighten up on the hooksets......cross their eye's like you mean it!!! That's why the BPS rods have a warranty,......ya break'em,..send it back and get a replacement,......don't give the fish a break!!! LOL!! You're still my hero......Rod Slayer!!!!

Mac :eek:)

ROD SLAYER???? It has a ring to it...YES, fight the good fight !

Tox, I set hooks like I drive nails, every strike counts.

I thought maybe you did a sweeping hookset or maybe that Bill Dance thing where he sets the hook then puts the rod tip behind his head with all of the pressure he puts on it!! I'd be the last to say to soften up your hookset, but if you sweep the wrong way you can snap them.

TOXIC

I do the Van Dam hook set,close into my body and while at the same time tipping my whole posture back.

ALL STAR ...ALL STAR.... ALL STAR ....Why do I keep typing that ??

I talked to Greg Yourst in MI. BPS He told me to just send it in . I told him I wanted to upgrade it to a JLM. So I will leave my number with the rod they will call and I'll pay the differance.I like the idea of titanium in my rod.

And when Greg found out that I was Mac's hero ,,WELL he was more than happy to help me.hahahahaha

Aaaa just kidding..

Mini an ALL STAR rod is on my shopping list as well.I you can't support your friends and what they do then what the heck is it all for anyways.

I hope to get together some day with you both and blow a fuse with all the Rock'in that would be goin on!

We cant use fuses my friend....we HAVE to use circuit breakers! LOL

Lets do Clair sometime in that Nitro. I know it pretty well...lol I think I put more hours behind the wheel than Mac....lol

Mini

You call that work?

BTW where the heck is my reciept? I NEED that money.....

Mini

That would explain alot!! lol CIRCUIT BREAKERS kooool!!

Clair sounds good your only about 8 hrs away thats nothing.And you bet I'll bring the NITRO I love that boat! It just sounds sooo sweeet the way it runs,smooooth.

meet me tomorrow prior to the company picnic,....I'll give it to you then....Hamlich Park...11:30am

(it was rescheduled 'cuz of the Blackout)

I dont have that time slot open tomorrow....are you fishing tomorrow night on Orion?

Mini

nope,....gotta have art done for Ranger by this Thursday..

I'll just scan the receipt and email you a copy...

Mark,....really glad you still like my old 901,..that was a good boat,...and that 200 Opti is STRONG!!! Would love to have you over here for a long weekend,..you can stay at my place,...we'll take both boats out to Clair,...we'll bring Neeley and Mini and the 4 of us can go put the whoop on some super toads,...just plan a weekend and let me/us know!!

Mac

I'll even let you park your boat in my driveway!!! LOL!!

(and don't be surprised if another rod or 2 ends up in your rod locker!!) Wierd things like that happen y'know!!

Nice try,....but RANGER owners don't plan NITRO Rally's, LOL!!..I just open my house to anyone "passing through",..even YOU!!! Now why don't you and C3 get your butt's behind the wheel and get over here!!!! Time's a wastin'!!!!

You gotta be jokin'!! With your schedule? Sheeze, Trying to find THE weekend you are at home or not up to your gills in work would be near impossible!! I will make that trip though, you can bet on it!!

TOXIC

And if Tox will have me I can try and tag along too!!!! Your schedule is more then a bit busy :)

Carlos

I'll take a weekend off and go fishin' if you guys plan a road trip!! My schedule lighten's up considerably after august,....right now's perfect!!

You better come Carlos,......and my reference to C3 was you!

ahahha......CarlosIII

I 'll look at the schedule and let you know, for sure ! Or as they say in Minnesota you betsha .

Latest posts

Back