Another box found

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cq

Reaction score
The baits in the upper left hand cornner all have metal bills.

The red one has a 2 treble hook spread and one at the rear.

DSCI0461a.jpg

cq

Red one looks like a lazy Ike, the rest look to be a mixture of Bomber's Heddon, Rebel, a few Southbend. A mixture of other manufacturers.

Yes they are, plus Cordell. Most were purchased by my father in the 50's and 60's and some have been repainted at least once.

My father and his fishing buddies would launch around 3 am above the dam and with heavy jigs and plastic worms bounce the side of the mountian down to about 20 feet, at sunrise shift to top water and later hit the crappie.

I still have a few boxes to go through. A number of the hooks are still very sharp and they hurt.

cq

Nice collection there baker. You should send some pics into Bassmaster magazine, they have a section each month dedicated to antique lures. Pass them down to your kids. My guess is you're sitting on several hundred dollars worth of collectable lures there. The fact that your dad caught fish on them makes it even better.

Who knows what I have or I have given away. I have sent a large number of baits to a couple of places that just display and will not attempt to sell. In the the right grouping they look pretty good.

I have a bunch of lures from my wife's grandfather. He lived and fished in WI and there are huge handmade and unused musky baits. I have been thinking about making a shadowbox with them.

TOXIC

Latest posts

Back