Another Bent axle

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim McNamara

Reaction score
As I have started to make longer trips with my Tracker Pro-Guide 16WT w/60 on a 2009 factory single-axle trailer, I have developed some serious symmetrical inside tire edge wear. First owner only made very short trips to water. The axle looks strong enough but the spindles could easily be bent. I've heard enough under weight axle problems from others that I am assuming I've got the same problem. Any suggestions for a definitive test before I go for a new axle? And what weight rating would be appropriate for this rig?

Could be a couple of things:

First would be if they are the original Bias Ply tires that come from the factory (junk).

Second is the axle is actually out of alignment vs. being bent. Most axles nowadays have a (bow up) configuration in the middle to compensate for weight and making caster angle correct when loaded. Weight can vary from boat to boat and I'm not totally sure but, believe they use the same single axle for most boats up to a certain weight.

I'd have the alignment checked first...although I took the bias plies off after they wore out I put radials on and is much better but, not perfect.

overloaded for "longer" trips? I'd load it to my normal longer trip configuration with all traveling gear inside, go to a certified truck stop scale & see how much weight your actually putting on the axle. Even a couple hundred pounds of "overweight" could be reversing the factory bow of the axle. That should only cost you about $8-9. If your within weight specs, then have the alignment of the axle checked by a frame shop.

Latest posts

Back