Anchor

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One that fits in the storage compartment under the passenger seat. I had the boat a year before I found out it was there. The previous owner left me a nice anchor in there.

Depends on what you are anchoring to.....mud, rock, sand, etc., different types hold better in different situations. Personally, I had one of the rubber coated mushroom type for my 929 and can't remember ever using it. Use the wrong kind in rock and be prepared to cut you anchor line to get loose. Mine was mainly for emergency purposes. Also read up on how much rope to attach. I liked the rubber coated because it wouldn't chew up my compartment carpet in rough water. Also consider storing it on a cushon or old lifejacket to keep it from bouncing around.

This is the one I have for my 18' G3 boat. Works well in a variety of conditions (mud, sand, rock). I have it in one of the forward compartments with yellow nylon rope. I set it out and tie it off to a front cleat. At 15 pounds, it holds my tin rig well in rivers and lakes. YMMV.

489.jpg

Latest posts

Back