All-Star rods sold? Mini????

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Snow

Reaction score
Someone has posted on BFHP that SHAKESPEARE now owns All-Star. Mini, any truth to this?

Mac and Mini are fishing a couple federation T's. Both will be out of reach until at least Monday.

I don't see it on either company's website. I'm wondering if it ain't another stupid rumor started for someone's jollies.

Mike,

If the person that posted the note on BFHP is who he says he is, I doubt that it is a rumor...

He is the editor of RodMaker magazine and well respected.

We shall see....

Michael.. just read that Shakespeare bought Falcon too? Wanna check truth out on that one? Brad Tharp is who posted it, so I believe it, just don't want to.

OMG!!! If that's true I guess I need to hurry out and buy a couple of rods before all the good ones turn into cheap Shakespere P.O.S. I can see it now...a Cara combo with a no bearing spin-cast reel all for only $24.95!! :>0

Harpo

mikesnow,

Will let you know...

And Sooner...don't know if you shop at Bass Pro Shops...but 80% of their house rods are made by none other than Shakespeare...

I do know that after the Santee tournament most of the Pflueger Pros were in meetings with Shakespeare here in Columbia SC. There were some complaints about Trion rods breaking frequently.

Michael Stalnaker

Just talked to my neighbor.

The only changes being made at current time:

Most of All-Star sales force let go and Shakes. sales force will now sell product.

More money will be spent on advertising.

They did not buy Falcon, but almost bought PENN.

Michael Stalnaker

I am heading to Houstin in mere hours to meet with the Shakespere folks....

As of right now I do not know my status with the company, the sales for4ce will be replaced with Shakespere's, but they are looking for a person to do my "other" duties (Pro Staff coordinator).

I will post more when I can.

Mini

PS they want me Houston for the next MONTH, so it does loo a little promising.

PSS Any rod made by All Star in that factory will never be a POS....All Star has some of the finest craftsmen and women and women in the industry.

Mini, Good luck to you. I'm sure those guys in Houston will see that they NEED a guy like you on their team. Keep a positive attitude, like it looks like you currently have and all will be great.

I'm hopful you are right about the quality of the product that will continue to come from All Star. I only have one of their rods now but it is one of my favorites and I drool on those Titanium rods everytime I go to BPS. I just know how things go when big corporations buy up smaller speciality manufacturers. The accountants tell the design engineers what to do and the plant manager how many to produce per hour. We can all think of examples from Lawn Boy mowers to Famous Amos Cookies.

Harpo

Mini...

Good luck... If talent counts... Things will work out!

Mini, best wishes go with you!

Ah! Houston in the summertime! When you can float a 20' bass boat in mid-air in the humidity!

Good luck Mini. I agree with Sooner, the All Star rods are awesome! I got a big-game one last year. I love it.

Rich D

Mini, here's my opinion, for what it matters...

First, you're not just All-Star, you're pro-staff for BPS as well. It would be completely STUPID to drop someone whose hands are in the industry the way yours are.

BUT, by the same token, I'm disappointed in All-Star for selling out to them, and for not trying to protect any of the sales force. Sounds like personal greed to me.

Good luck Mini,

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.I can't see them keeping you there for a month if they were going to let you go . I'm thinking you can hold your own against anybody in the industry and Shakespheare is savvy enough to see that. Enough said!

He's on his way to Houston now,......he'll be fine,...he'll come home with a new job,...a promotion,...and I'll get an even sweeeeter rod/reel deal for '05 and beyond!!,..and he'll be buyin' MY Jack and Cokes for the next 3 years!!! Life will be A-OK!!..

Mac - you may have to be HIS towel boy!!! LOL

Mac,

Please don't tell me you put Coca Cola in with Jack Daniels?

There are some things you guy's in Michigan do, that just don't make any sense at all.

Tex

Michael Stalnaker (and those who are curious) -

The bulk of BPS rods have been manufactured by a private Chinese company for years. (Lontan) The same company makes Berkley brand rods as well as a couple others. The BPS rods are exclusively made to our spec.'s and sold solely under our name. Not trying to disagree, just stating the facts.

Trep,....it'll NEVER happen,...especially after I buy Shakespear!!! LOL

Tex,.....Jack in Cokes,....Limes in Corona's...grillin' in the winter,....20lbs of TOADS in the livewll and it STILL ain't enough...it's a cruel world out there but it's life in MI.!!! Wouldn't have it any other way!! HA!!

Mac, Mac, Mac, Mac,

The only thing that should go in Jack is maybe, a couple of ice cubes. Besides, the sugar in the coke will throw off the taste of the stogie! BTW I got a couple Opus' for you and Mini for the rod. Once I get a couple tubes, I will send em up!

Rich D

Dan,

I do not have personal knwledge, my information comes from my two neighbors who work with Shakespeare.

I do know Shakespeare owns a factory in China and rods made in South Carolina are assembled there.

Michael Stalnaker

Same thing, the sweet makes the cigar bitter. (To my tastes, anyway)

Rich D

im with Mac theres nothing better then a jack and coke with the exception of a nice home brewed nut brown ale.

Rum and coke I understand.

Black Jack and ice (not too much). That's it.

And I can tell the difference between Green Label and Black Label by the smell.

And if beer was meant to have lime in it, they would brew it that way. Ain't that right - Trep (calling in the expert now).

Tex

OK I don't know SQUAT about Jack, colored labels and the like, BUT I agree with Tex Beer that NEEDs Lime isn't RIGHT!! That means it wasen't brewed right to start from! Sorry to all my Southoftheborder friends!!

Now a nice summer wheat with a little lemon BREWED into it, mmmmmm sweet!!

Nah.....

You all got it all wrong.....

Diet Root Beer with Vanilla Ice Cream!

Amen Tex! I prefer Makers Mark over Jack, although Gentleman Jack isn't bad, but nothing beats Glen Livet.

Rich D

You can pour that "whiskey" into anything you want... the sewer, even... But, don't you ever pour good bourbon into anything but a glass of ice and a spray of water to soothe the wife's nerves that I don't drink it straight!

Trep and Tex, Corona's dont "need" the lime. The lime just enhances it a bit. I dont like any beer with fruit brewed in it(its just wrong) but Corona's and lime are quite refeshing. Ill still take a nut brown over one any day.Trep if you ever brew a nut brown and want to get rid of any just send them my way, ill make sure i put them to good use.

Give me those limes for my Gin 'n Tonic. I'm not a whiskey drinker, especially Scotch. Just never could aquire the taste for the stuff. Burbon on the rocks is OK.

As far as beer is concerned I like those dark amber brews. Limes need not apply.

Harpo

We're talking about an American company being sold to a company known for shipping their work overseas, a whole sales force that's no longer needed, and one of our own whose future is questionable and you guys are talking drinks...

in my own infamous words... "I don't stand for much, but I'll drink to anything" :).

Snowcone - Mini's in Houston, nothing we can do to change/fix that All-Star got bought. We can't fix the problem and we've all provided our "web" support for Mini. I KNOW he'd want us ALL to have a drink in his honor as he get's ready to find out about his new future what EVER that may hold!

Jim B - Love a good Nut Brown, may just have to do that next. Just opened up my Kolsh and Stout batches MMM!!!

Reelax folks,...he's going to come out of this smelling like a Rose!! (IMHO,....in an even BETTER position than he was when AS was privately owned,..just my guess though)

Latest posts

Back