AFTERMARKET LID STRUTS

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Droke

Reaction score
I'm always looking to upgrade little items on my 170DC and would love to have gas spring struts on all the deck lids (except the livewell). I know Attwood makes aftermarket stuff, but does anyone know if they sell kits with the attachment brackets? Where do you guys suggest I look or call to figure out what I need. My boat did not come with them from the factory, but I sure do want to install them. Thanks guys.:)

go to the Attwood site, to the gas springs page, they list the struts and mounting brackets, should be that easy

I did that much, but how do you know what brackets, strut lenghts and so on? I do not have access to a boat that has them on it to inspected the hardware for attachment. I think a simple measurement would tell the lenght needed. Then i'm back to the attachment hardware required. Thanks :)

Go to an RV supplier or a truck canopy store. They will have all of the struts and hardware you need.

I tried the autopart store in town but they wanted to know how much my lids weighed. So I gave up and have no lid support. Little jobs like this that are easy to most people really intimidate me. Id like to know also. It seems so much easier for your lids to stay up.

Looks like Atwood makes a good selection of struts and mounts. Think I will give them a call and see what they suggest. next time I'm in Bass Pro I will look closely at what the mounts on the new boats look like. Thanks for all the input.:D

Chris - keep us posted. I'm kind of curious myself as the lids on the center portion of my front deck could use some support instead of flopping all the way open and putting strain on the piano hinges and pop rivets.

Hi all, 1st time poster. I just bought 2012 Pro Guide V-175 SC 115 HP 4 ST. I found gas struts at local pickup camper shell sales lot. Each lid has a differant attach point depending on width. Measure closed length of strut, add half inch, thats closed distance. A very time consuming process, but nice seeing a lid stand at attention. If anyone on on here has the same boat, I have questions about outboard ht. and props. THANKS:

Latest posts

Back