Aerator Pump Removal/Install

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bass Tracker

Reaction score
HI all, I have a 2001 Bass Tracker ProTeam175 XT "Special Edition". I have posted in this before but I just cant fiqure it all out. heres my situation.

The guy I bought it off told me that it would need a new aerator pump as he had cracked off one of the "pipes/arms" on the current one. What I have now is what looks like a top and bottom peice and in the middle they seem to be mounted on a "tab" that extends out a few inches. I have 2 rogue hoses, One seems to lead to the "intake" /located outside the boat in the water" and one seems to lead to the livewell? the bottom half of my current aerator (the black part" has a hose already connected to it, seems to also go to the livewell..

So my ?'s are. how the hell do i remove this current one? and i bought a new bilge pump (he told me that would work) but just incase i bought an aerator also. Please send me pics or drawn out diagram or anything lol. THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH

[email protected]

THANKS AGAIN:)

You should have a flowrite system. They are a pain in the butt to get to. I replaced my aerator last year with a removable cartridge type. It is great. I can't remember the name of it off hand. I kept getting dirt in my old one and it finally burned out. I can't seem to keep a screen on the intake. Mine is a 99 PT185se, so I don't know if there is much difference in an 01. Look at system 2 on the following link, that should be what you have:

http://www.flow-rite.com/marine/

Elk is right, I had to replace mine on my 2000 PC 175 years ago, what you need to do is remove the hose from the front (facing the bow) of the pump usualy via a pipe clamp screw, then you'll need to remove the fitting from the outside of the transom and you'll then pull it out. I did what Elk did and replaced both of mine (I had 2 live wells in my PC 175) with the Mayfair removable cartridge system. It took a few hours and had to be careful with the sharp aluminium edges in the bildge. But then if the current owner ever blows a pump again like I did, he just removed the cartridge and no issue!!

Trep

Latest posts

Back