1. Welcome to Nitro & Tracker Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Accessories For The Boat

Thread in 'Fishing' started by cq, Dec 20, 2014.

1. cq

cq Well-Known Member

I have seen a number of ads for different multi-tools for the fisherperson, but I cannot find one that has small scissors for cutting braid. I am lucky that my wife does counted cross stitch (without the outline), she gave me an old pair of her scissors, "nice clean cut". All the multi-tools that I have tried that have scissors, I make a mess of the cut.

2. FLsportsman

FLsportsman Well-Known Member

Funny , I was just looking for a new pocket knife and was thinking about getting one with scissors. I'm leaning more towards a Swiss Army knife belie it or not. For braid I use children's school scissor at good old Walmart. Clean cut

3. AirForce

AirForce Moderator Staff Member

Yep, multitools were never designed for braid, wire maybe, sometimes but I prefer cutters that do the job right. They are handy for a lot of things, but not so much fishing line wise.

4. Donald Prater

Donald Prater Well-Known Member

Check with your fishing supplier. Berkley make a Hot Line Cutter that works with a AAA Battery. It works great with braid and leaves a solid line cut. No fray. I have two on on my work bench and one in my boat. They cost about 10 bucks but well worth it. Bass pro has them.

cq likes this.
  5. FLsportsman

FLsportsman Well-Known Member

Hey mr Prater. I I used your 2009 color combination on my 2013 that I ordered. I love that nightfire

6. Donald Prater

I think it is one of the best color combination that they have. You will be happy with it. Good luck fishing. Have a happy New Year. Find yourself a good set of aluminum wheels for it. Get rid of the steel wheels.

7. Greg Meyer

Greg Meyer Well-Known Member

I have a pair of small scissors from Gerber that I have had for years. They were sold for braid. If you find a pair they are great. They never leave the seat area of my boat....neck ribbon never leaves the shift lever for the kicker so they don't get lost

8. Donald Prater

I will be looking them thanks.