A question for BPS employees...

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eric nichols

Reaction score
I have a stainless Skegshield on my boat, 150 xr6, which has lost a srew. Is this something I can get at BPS or do I have to order it from the manufacture. I will be at the Newport News BPS next week.

Thanks,

Eric

Manufacturer over the store for sure, however, you may want to back out another screw and take it to Ace/Tru-Value/NAPA to match it and save waiting time and a few bucks. Good luck! ;)

If it in fact is a SkegShield made by KeelShield, you can email Scott and see if you can get a replacement. I'm betting it is a standard screw. IM me if you need his email addy.

TOXIC

You can certainly get this at any decent hardware store; there is a name for that kind of screw setup [can't remember what it is]. they may not have the head that prevents someone from walking off with your Skegshield, but they can replace it.

The stores have a boat rigging and repair shop where that type of need is/should be in stock. They aren't always in the same location (exactly) as the store. The one in Cinci. is a couple miles down the road. If you're in the Newport News location, ask where their rigging/repair shop is. However, like others have said it is likely a part you can pick up at a 'good' hardware store.

Latest posts

Back