95 Tracker 175 rear floor removal

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Gerdes

Reaction score
I have a 95 Tracker 175 that I want to take the floors up on. I can see the screws on the front deck and the side panels, but the rear almost looks as if it is one piece. At first glance, I don't see any screws or rivets. Does anyone have any experience with this year boat? I know of people with 96 & newer boats that the rear is definitely screwed down. Tracker said that they don't have this info.

I appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance... Dave G

The carpet should be over the screws on the rear deck if I'm not mistaken....

Hey Dave G, this is CJL from the NJ Bass Anglers website, you have come to the right place to get boating info. :cool:

CJL

CJL - NJ Bass Anglers Website? What do you do, take pictures of bass from lakes outside of NJ?:lol::lol::lol:

Just kidding! Fished Hopatcong from the time I was about 3 until I left in 1967 when the big influx of city folks and New Yorkers moved out to the lake permanently. Wnt downhill from there. Favorites locations was River Styx Bridge and Pickerel Point (lots of deep water and weeds).

Just remember that good ole Jersey gave us Mike I. (keep him there!)

TEE, I will have to look a little closer. Being a 95, the carpet is sort of matted down. I sure hope this is the case.

Hey CJL. I remember seeing this site on NJBA, so I figured I should give it a try.

Dave G, Last year when I had my PT 185 I had to search for the screw heads under the carpet, there hidden pretty good.

Dave, another note I just thought of, those acrews are in there very hard and I started stripping the screw head when trying to take them out, I actually gave up at that point becuase I went another way with what I needed to get done.

CJL,

I will keep that in mind, but the only reason I need to get under the floor is because I want to run some pvc chases for wires. I may be able to figure something else out if I can't figure the screws out, but I figured the pvc would make running wires alot easier.

Lift up the underseat storage,remove the drivers seat and cut the carpet under the seat...there is an opening to run hoses and wires...at least my 94 did:)

My new one does too....

GREAT! Thanks guys.. With all this great info, I may end up posting all my projects and how I am going to do them to see if there is an easier way .. lol

Thanks again for the advice... Dave G

I also followed Tee's advice on the carpet under the driver seat on my 2003 PT175 and was able to get easy access to wiring from the gas tank compartment. I sewed it back together by hand re-installed the seat on top and you never see it.

Not sure about your model,but when I re-carpeted my older Tracker I found out the back deck is all one piece of aluminum. It cannot be removed like the front deck and floor.

I had to do the rear section out in the cold.

Steve

re: 95 Tracker 175 rear floor removal by TEE,12/20/2005 10:32 ET

Lift up the underseat storage,remove the drivers seat and cut the carpet under the seat...there is an opening to run hoses and wires...at least my 94 did

My new one does too....

Question about the 'opening'. I am just getting around to the project, after a LONG planning process (LOL). Anyway, if I were to run wires thru the opening, would it be an issue if I drilled a hole thru the aluminum so that I can have access to the area with the batteries?

Didn't look to thoroughly, but was wondering if it the wall seperating the gas tank and the opening served a purpose other than structural support.

thanks.... Dave G

Back