95 nitro 2000dc transom

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RDenno

Reaction score
Hi everyone I'm new to the site and I'm hoping that someone might be able to help me out. I own a 95 nitro 2000dc with a 93 johnson 200gt. Recently I had a pin in the ring groove let go and ruin my #2 cylinder. So the motor Is completely torn down now. But while it's off the boat I wanted to make sure that the motor is set at the correct height on the transom. I'm having a hard time figuring out if I measure to the very bottom of the boat where the live well and hull drain plug is which is around 27" or just straight down below the top of the transom to the top of the drains which would be 22". If someone could tell me which spot to measure to, the actual transom height, or correct shaft length it would help me out. Thanks for any help you can offer.

Google "prop to pad measurement" (or search here) for the correct way to determine you engine height. Normally 3 1/2 inches is optimum but every motor/prop combo can be different.

Latest posts

Back