90hp GPS Speed?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rey Gonzalez

Reaction score
I have a 640 LX with a 60hp Tracker/Merc and I fish local tournaments and I'm in need of more power cause the weight I put on tournaments day so I have been thinking in trade or sale my 60 to get me a 90 but I would like to know how much difference it would make...o_O

do you have a 90hp.? And what is your GPS speed to get a better idea?;)

My guess is you'd get just a couple of MPH of top speed, but you should be able to get up and moving much faster/cleaner.

I would recommend exploring a 4 bladed prop before going to the expense of a new motor. A 4 blade, well matched to the boat and motor, can make a big difference getting out of the hole and crusing comfortably. You might loose a mile or two per hour top end, but the ability to accelerate and cruise easily will make the driving the boat more satisfying. Maneuverability improves, too. Hangs on better in turns, backs up better.

I have an 04' 640LX with a 75hp optimax that I swaped out the throttle body restrictor and ECM from a 90hp.
With a 22 pitch LASER II I get 50-51 gps light and by myself. with 2 people and gear + full livewell and gas - I run a 20 pitch LASER II and have great holeshot with a top end of 46-47 gps but will hit the limiter. If you do the swap - have the motor mounted in the middle of the 5 holes.
Curious - what speed ro you get with the 60 4-stroke? They tried to sell me my new rig with the 50hp

I have a 640 LX with a 60hp Tracker/Merc and I fish local tournaments and I'm in need of more power cause the weight I put on tournaments day so I have been thinking in trade or sale my 60 to get me a 90 but I would like to know how much difference it would make...o_O

do you have a 90hp.? And what is your GPS speed to get a better idea?;)

I have an 06 640 Lx with a 90 Merc.......works good runs along about 50 mph when it is just me. Whole shot is great, up on plane in 4 or 5 seconds....

20140129_215525.jpg
20140129_215541.jpg
I'm really sorry I didn't reply to all of you, that was a great inside...
I thought about the 4 blade prop but I'm really in need of more power... just by my self I barely do 40-mph on the gps, And That's on a perfect day with no wind. Imagine with a full livewell with 30 pounds of fish a co-angler, 3 batteries and a lot of tackle.
I have a 3 blade prop and I not even know what is the size but I add a SE Sport Hydrofoil that I got to say it helps a lot but it still very frustrating...

Last edited:
I have an 04' 640LX with a 75hp optimax that I swaped out the throttle body restrictor and ECM from a 90hp.
With a 22 pitch LASER II I get 50-51 gps light and by myself. with 2 people and gear + full livewell and gas - I run a 20 pitch LASER II and have great holeshot with a top end of 46-47 gps but will hit the limiter. If you do the swap - have the motor mounted in the middle of the 5 holes.
Curious - what speed ro you get with the 60 4-stroke? They tried to sell me my new rig with the 50hp
I have a 2 stroke not a 4 stroke... and do you know if I can do the same thing? To swap the restrictor and ECM?

Latest posts

Back