750 nitro live well

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Craig Reinsel

Reaction score
I have a 2005 750 nitro. I have a drain plug in my live well. One of my buddy's went fishing with me last week and he asked why I don't have a over flow drain pipe in my live well? I'm I supposed to have a over flow pipe? If so what type and size of fitting is on it?

Thank you

That's the old style...not sure when they did away with the overflow tube.

My 02'185 doesn't have a tube.

I have a 2005 750 as well. My over flow pipe is in the driver side livewell on the top towards the back.

I have the '04 version and it has a drain plug and a "water exit pipe" at the top of the livewell. Here is what I have done so far...

When I got the boat, the exit pipe was plugged and if I left the livewell pump on full it would overflow into the bilge area.

1. Took out the plug on the exit pipe. No change, water would not exit fast enough to make a difference.

2. Got a larger drain and pipe for the water exit. Still no change.

3. Swapped out drain plug fitting (bottom of the livewell) with one that has a vertical over flow pipe. Water would not flow out through the overflow pipe.

4. Swapped water exit and drain pipes. No change.

5. I gave up and put everything back to factory orignal specs. It still overflows...

If someone knows the answer, I'd love to hear it!

Ron

Mine is an 05 and there is no pipe. It is just a fitting that water exits from. If the livewell switch is on auto, it will not over power the drain as it cycles on and off. If you turn it on manual, and leave it on, it will over power it and overfill the well. That is just how mine is set up, I can't vouch for anyone else's.

Latest posts

Back