700LX SC opinions

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Wildwood

Reaction score
This model fits in my price range. Found a 2001 with a 75hp, the rest is stock. What are opinions and what should I pay?

i have a 98' lx700dc w/115hp merc. i think the lx700 is a great 17' boat. it has a good ride and lots of storage and easy to tow. i have not had any problems with mine and it is very fishable. i am not sure what the 75hp will do on that boat as far as speed and how fast it would plane out with full tank and livewells full. the boat is rated for a max hp of 125. my 115 does really well on this boat and i would think a 90hp would too. i'm sure prices for used boats vary across the country. might check out nada.com to see what it says as far as price. i personally like a motor that is as much or close to the max hp rating of the boat. having a smaller motor will also affect resale price and that may be the reason the boat is priced well now. definately take a test run in the boat to see what you think about it. a full livewell and full tank of gas adds a lot of weight. if it performs well for you and the price is right, you will enjoy the lx700. i think it is one of the best 17' values out there from any mfg. hope this helps.

jd

I just traded in a 99 700LXSC for a NX882 because I started fishing bigger water.The 700 is agreat boat,handled most conditions very well,mine had the 115 Merc and would get up to 55mph if alone.I dont know what type of water you fish so if you think this boat is the right size than you will love the ride and fishability.I did add the hydro-fin and it made a big differance on plane out time.This is great starter boat,if the price is in the7 to 9000 range is a good deal.

Anyone sell boats at BPS in Cinci here?

Got some questions.

Best regards

Wildwood

PS thanks to all for the replies

Wildwood, I have the 700LXDC. Great boat, fun to drive and fish out of. I have the Merc 115.

As long as you don't feel the need for speed, you can get along with the 75hp. I'd prop it for a good hole shot. You'll probably get high 30's to low 40's for top speed.

I would think hard about the size motor thats on there you may be disappointed but if your not looking fro speed than its no big deal.

I have the 700LXDC. I've had no problems. The 17' handles great and fun to drive. My merc 125 tops at 54mph.(GPS). Get the option for a Minn Kota Trolling motor (Maxxum 65 or 74). I'd go with at least a 90hp. Good Luck in your decision!

I recently purchased the 700 LXDC with a 90hp.It had a 23 pitch alum. wheel until I smacked it a couple times on stumps. Now I have the Laser 2 - 20 pitch stainless wheel. The hole shot is great. 3 seconds and you are on top of the water.

The boat is nice to drive, handles in rough water okay so far. I've not been in heavy, weather yet. The backwash IS a bugger. I still have not learned how to minimize the wash. I usually fish with my wife. WE have a great time.

I love the boat!

Back