60 hp elpto

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rey Gonzalez

Reaction score
I'm having a hard time to start my motor at 2001 60 HP elpto... At problem at the remp and even after I have used for a while so I now it's not caused it's cold... Sparks are new....:angry:

My 60 HP 4stroke starts perfect every time. Wondering if you have a problem getting fuel? Are you pumping the bulb? Does it stay hard?

Well I purchased this boat recently (less than a month ago) and the fuel line was one of the things that was on my list to change cause i can tell that has not being change in years and when I pump the bulb i can tell that gas is going to the motor but it doesn't feel hard enough.... I will change it and will let you know if this took care the issue.... Thanks for the advice...:cool:

Oh, one other thing, after it start the rev start going down until it shut down, what I do is to put it on shift really fast after it start and sometimes i got lucky and I'm able to keep it running like that but if I'm on the dock or at the ramp that's when it really destroy my nerves... But I will change the fuel line anyway cause you can tell this was supposed to be done long time ago... Thank you guys will let you know after the swap...:cool:

I have a 125 eplto, that had all the same issues! I didn't know where to start, so I took it to my mechanic and he cleaned the carb's....And that's all it took! It now run's better that ever!!

New plug's, carb's cleaned...Set idel and timing, and checked spark and compression. Total $389.30

Tein, have you tried keeping it running/warming up by choking it (pushing key in)? It sounds like it's a fuel issue. Start with cheap (replace fuel lines/bulb) and move up. You need to change those anyway.

Hi ND, Thank you for your reply,,,, this Friday I'm going to purchase the fuel line, bulb kit and I'm going to change the fuel water separator cause who knows since when this has not being change too.

But

This is exactly how i start the motor when its cold or hot cause it never start by turning the key... I press and turn the key or I put it on choke and keep it like that for maybe a minute or two and the rev at 2000,,, sometimes I get lucky I'm able to put it on gear and go back or forward other times as soon I put it in gear the rev goes down and shut down...

but I will start with the fuel lines and start from there... :huh:

When you change the fuel water seperator, make sure you fill it with gas before your screw it on. Otherwise it will cause a lot of little air bubbles in your fuel system that will take about 30 minutes of running time to purge out.

I installed a new low perm 3/8 fuel line kit and a new fuel-water separator... The fuel line was the original and fuel-water separator was ever change; That filter was sealed to the bracket, there was no tool, wd40 or hammer that could loose this two together. I have to return the filter and purchase the whole kit too. Since everything look from factory I decide to purchase too the inline fuel filter so I purchase a moeller inline glass filter that I will install tomorrow. Once done, I will try it and keep you post.;)

Careful with an additional filter, Mercury does not recommend one due to the possibility of fuel starvation and a blown powerhead. I know many have put them on but I would check with Bob B here just to make sure.

Yes could you please let me know... It's still on the package in case that need to be return... Also the glass inline moeller bring 3 different fittings 1/4; 3/8 and 5/8; since the original still on I'm not 100% which one is, online it said its a 1/4, can anyone confirm this...:unsure:

Ok, I finally replace the inline fuel filter, so far everything looks good, no licks, when I pump the bulb I can see and feel the bulb full of gas and strong,,,, now this Saturday I'm going fishing and I will check for any licks with the motor running and if I'm still having issues to start the motor cold or when warm.... I would keep you post

After changing the fuel lines and filter is more easy to start the motor, I still got sometimes the issue of not startup right away after being on the tm for couple of minutes or hours but I'm managing... Now I have another issue and that is with the the warter pressure...

Thanks for all the advise...

Latest posts

Back