2013 Spring Classic Appearances

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill McElroy

Reaction score
For all of you in the South East,...Mini, Terry Baksay and myself will be appearing in the BPS stores in Myrtle Beach,SC. and Savannah, GA. the weekend of Mar. 1-3rd.

We'll be at the Myrtle Beach Store on Saturday, from Noon to 5pm and the Savannah store on Sunday from Noon to 5pm. Mini and Terry will both be doing seminars and I will be doing the FREE rod handle customizing on ANY cork handled rod purchased while I am there.

They are hand drawn with Sharpie markers and then clear coated with Krylon Triple Thick clear spray,....they are very cool and they make GREAT personal rods, or gifts or awards for Tournaments, etc. I will customize them with any fish or bait of your choice and add a name or any other text you may want on it. I've been doing this to my own gear for years and have done literally THOUSANDS of rods in BPS stores all over the country for the past 10 years or so. Get'ya some!! ;) Hope to meet/see you there!! :cool:

Mac

WWCRods.JPG

Rodwork1.jpg

My son is in college in Savannah (SCAD), I'll tell him to look you up.

Detroit to Savannha. Detroit to Omaha bout the same distance :( I was just in Savannha in Oct. used to go there a lot way back then.

fatrap

fatrap,

we go where they tell us to go! best thing I can say is to ask for us in your local store :)

Mini

Will you be in Auburn hills the 24th or 25th? I think that's the first weekend of the sale anyway. We will have company that weekend which is 1 reason I may go on the 24th. ;)

Gene

San Antonio has a BPS, we would love to have you guys down here. We're pretty close to some good fishing.

Tornado,..I've been to the San Antonio store.....very cool....I love all of the TX stores and I'm pretty sure I've been to all of them.:blink::lol:

dang no Atlanta this year, I'm calling Johnny myself and have him fly you to over from Savannah!!

I've been at the store since it opened. When were you there and what were you doing?

Tornado,....I was there for a Spring Classic,.....doing the rod handles. It was probably 5-6 yrs ago,...can't remember what year exactly. :unsure:

We will be in Auburn Hills the first and last weekends of the sale event. Saturday and Sunday for me. not sure about Bill...lol

Trep we will be in Atlanta.....but only the airport!

Tornado - Yes we were at San Antonio. I think it was for the Grand Opening (or maybe the next years Classic Sale). After 46+ stores they all seem like one store to me!

I was hoping BPS would build the store at the Mall of America as was once planned. It seems though that politics and a down economy got in the way. Chicago is the closest store and thats not that close .

Cabala's did just announce the opening of a new store right here in the town I live in ,Woodbury ,mn. Still, their not BPS.

I still the rod handles you did for me 10 years ago MAC at the Chicago store. I love what you do with those markers.:cool:

I will be at the Hampton, VA store for the Weekend of the Classic as well. Interesting thing will be when they publish the sale circular, what's actually on sale and if they have the reel trade-in, etc. Always a good time to see some of the Elite Series Pro's and for the stores up North, the Walleye Kings (sorry not you Meyer:lol:), Muskie Masters (Pete Mania and the like), Crappie crushers (Wally Marshall) and pick up some gear in the process. I will be Representing SPRO, Gamakatsu, Yamamoto and a host of others (Reel Magic, Koppers, QuickDrop Drop-Shot weights, Yakima, Quantum, Wally Marshall baits, Woorden, Poe's, Hildebrandt, Culprit, Bullet Weights and KeelShield). Obviously, I have a new and improved sponsor lineup. I will also be doing some shows at Cabela's as well but those dates and locations are not firmed up.