2012 Targa V18 livewell issue

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Todd Bennett

Reaction score
Snow is starting to melt starting to think about my boat again, I bought a 12 Targa V18 near the end of the summer last year. I have had a consistent problem with the front livewell hoping someone has an answer. The problem is it sometimes will pump water and sometimes won't, the rear livewell works everytime so I switched pumps and the front well still was inconsistent. I can get it to pump if I reach into the bilge and crack open the hose connector for a split second, it will start pumping right away. My dealer has suggested going to a straight pump instead of the 90 degree pump that came with the boat any one have any answers or things I can try?

I also have a 2012 Targa V18 WT. I've not had that exact same problem. But, my fill / recirculate pump for the front livewell is made by Johnson, and I think they have had a recall due to leaky seals. All 3 of my livewell pumps were replaced under warranty. Mine were leaking into the bilge. Hope that helps! Targa

If it starts pumping when you crack open the hose connector, it may be getting airbound (cavitating). Try backflowing the hose once, see if that makes a difference.

Latest posts

Back