2007 901 CDX TANDAM AXEL TRAILER DISC BRAKE PADS

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric Herbert

Reaction score
PLEASE HELP!! Long story short, I was replacing the tires on my trailer and noticed my disc brake pads were in need of replacement. I called Tracker Marine and they are telling me the Pads are no longer available for my trailer, I need to replace the whole hub, caliper, bearings and races as a KIT?? the parts along would be over 500.00. All I need is a simple 39.00 set of pads?? any one know what car make, model and year works for the Nitro trailers. Thank you!!!!! In advance

I know a guy on another site (DABS) who could tell ya in a heartbeat what pads you need for that trailer that you can get from any auto parts shop. Well as luck would have it I didn't have his number in my phone. So I posted for you on BBC. In the meantime though, (unless somebody else knows), look at your brake rotor to get whatever info it on that. That will definitely help in a cross reference to brake pads for it.

ok thank you!! I had a lady at Tracker Marine in Hendersonville TN tell me to try 82-89 Chevy, Olds, Buick midsize cars?? I have a set on its way to my work to see if they match. I will post later the outcome, The people at Tracker in Indiana said my Trailer was rare to be under a 901 cdx??? It has fiberglass fenders, disc brakes, dual axle, liquid filled hubs. Not sure why they would say that I thought in 2007 the 901 and 929 were Nitro's top of the line boats? Maybe i'm wrong?

Mine has the same specs. Disc brakes with oil filled hubs. I'll try and find out the pads you need.

Ok, got the answer from the trailer axle guy himself on BBC - 07 should be 96 -2000 KIA Sephia front brake pad

and got another message which makes sense too.
My neighbors 07 uses the Acclaim pads. Can't swear his trailer is original as he isn't the original owner, but we put pads on it last year when he had one lock up and they were for an Acclaim. Wouldn't question Dennis, but your friend may want to take an old pad to be sure.

So that's the deal, take an old pad and compare to either one and see what matches.

Ok got my old pads off, and got a set of pads for the 1991 Plymouth and a set for 82 cutlass, the Plymouth pads are close but don't have the tab you bend down to hold the front pad to the caliper, The 82 cutlass pads (AUTOZONE MKD159) match perfect!!! Thanks to everyone for your help and prompt replies. I hope this info helps others not wanting to spend $1000.00 to put brakes pads on a boat trailer!!!! lol-lol.
Also just a note: anyone looking for trailer tires: Good year Marthon'S GO TO YOUR LOCAL FORD DEALER!!!!!!!!! this sale is good till 12-31-13. I just bought 4 new tires, and got a $70.00 rebate from Goodyear, then I got a Ford CITI card and got another $70.00 rebate from Citi Bank. the tires cost me $239.00 out of pocket and I got 6 months same as cash!!!!!! just some helpful advise if anyone needs tires.

So what prompted you to get pads for an 82 Cutlass?? Oh and I guess you haven't read the bad stuff about Marthon trailer tires.

The pad idea for a cutlass came from a lady at Bass pro shops marine center in TN. Seems all trailer tires have some negative reviews, just like all cars, all electronics, etc.. I went with what was I thought a great price, the trailer had the goodyears on it, a couple of patches and plugs in them once I got them dismounted and could see inside the tires, I have had the opportunity to run Range, Skeeter, And now Nitro over the years and have had everything from Goodyear, carslie, and others, I put about 6 to 8,000 miles a year on just fishing and have never had a tire problem other than nail, screw, glass, type of flat.

rather than me post numerous links, google for yourself with these search terms. Some have had good use out of them. It could be people are just not using them properly is the problem but you be the judge of that.

Search Terms = goodyear marathon trailer tires reviews

There are many bad reviews on the Goodyear Marathon trailer tires with several blow outs and a lot were fairly new tires. Most problem tires were made in China. I have not owned any of the Goodyear Marathon tires and from the bad reviews I won't own any in the future. Eric I hope your tires give you good service. Keep them inflated to the proper amount and maybe they will last you a long time. The last set I bought for my trailer were the Carsile tires and I like them so far. :)

Latest posts

Back