2005 Nx898 150 Merc Setup Help

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SSgtUSMC3529

Reaction score
I am currently looking for the best setup for this boat , it has a horrible holeshot and is only topping out are 47/48 gps wot 5500rpm it has no jack plate , and is running 23p prop, with 2 PVS plugs removed and 1 large still in if not, it will blowout. I have seen some on here running way faster with the same boat as well is mine is the saltwater intercoastal version so its a little lighter than other versions. Thanks for any input

I am currently looking for the best setup for this boat , it has a horrible holeshot and is only topping out are 47/48 gps wot 5500rpm it has no jack plate , and is running 23p prop, with 2 PVS plugs removed and 1 large still in if not, it will blowout. I have seen some on here running way faster with the same boat as well is mine is the saltwater intercoastal version so its a little lighter than other versions. Thanks for any input

I have the same boat, however I have a 225 merc opti . I had the same problem even with that size motor on the hole shot. This is what i had to do to get any kind of hole shot and top end speed. First I installed a 12" Hyd. jack plate that helped a lot but still not so good. Then I went down from a 25" pitch Trophy to a 24" Fury the hole shot is livable however with a full tank of fuel full livewell and fish The hole shot SUCKS !! But the top end at 5800 rpm about 67 gps empty. It's just the nature of the boat. I 'av talked to other guys with the same boat all say the same thing.

Latest posts

Back