2004 Nitro 901 Boat Cover Hardware

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin Kern

Reaction score
I bought a used 2004 Nitro 901. The boat is on a tandem axle trailer and has fiberglass fenders. Each fender has 4 "cleats" to connect the boat cover to. I received the cover with the boat but did not get the "fasteners" that connect the boat cover straps to the "cleats" on the fenders. Does anyone out there have a picture of what these fastener/attachments look like or could tell me where to locate them?

Thank you - Kevin

kevin

i think you are looking at an after market, during my time with tracker at no time was any of our custom cover connected to fenders of the trailers that i have any recolection of.

so i can ony conclude that the person you purchessed the 901 from installed the fittings you speak of.

For a while the NITRO covers did have hardware that had to be mounted on the trailer fenders. The rigging guys would mount them or you could mount them. The hardware came with the cover. You had 2 screws per anchor that were flush with the mount when you put them on. Your cover had a 2 piece strap system with a male and female connection. The female section threaded through the anchor on the fender. Up closer to the bow, they mounted the old fashoned way, around the trailer rails themselves.

TOXIC

Some had a clip on the cover that corresponded with the anchors on the fenders.

The factory Nitro Tournament covers for many years came with SS fender mount D-rings for their reciprocating SS clips on the covers. After installing the cover the D-rings were lined up on the fender and screwed into place as a permanent tie down for a snug, trailerable fit.

huh go figure i never saw any of those configurations.

must not have made it's way up here?

at any rate sounds like the guys that have seen it have got you coverd (no pun intended)

good luck.

I have only seen them on the 9 series boats

I have that cover on my 03 901. It is just like what is described by Tox and Dan. You can see them if you look close. Chris F.
Nitro in drive 007.JPG

Chris F.,

Would you care to take a picture of your cover straps that show the attachment type that is used to mount to these fender cleats?

My best,

Kevin

I'm not Chris F., but I believe the clips you are referencing look like these, also commonly used on bimini tops:

straps.bmp

Thank you Dan J.

I believe I need 8 of those swivel snap hooks to fasten into the cleats on my fenders.

Kevin

Latest posts

Back