2003 Fishing Goals

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Texas Transplant

Reaction score
As mentioned in an earlier post, I am working on the mental part of my fishing, along with the physical. I have put together my goals for the year, and am posting them here. Since I had modest goals for last year (most if not all met), I decided that I needed to 'up the ante' this year.

Here they are.

2003 Yearly Goals

SC Federation Tournaments

Compete in all 6 Tournaments

Qualify for (and fish in) the SC State Federation Championship (top 50 finisher in the

OK, here goes. The wife and I discussed this last night and I think I need to establish myself on the state level more so I might just be fishing the whole BFL and go back to the state Fed and try to make the state team. If that is my course then:

Fish all northeast BFL's and win at least 1 of them.

Place in the top 20% of the rest and cash a check each time

Make the All American tourney

Fish the Champlain Everstart and place in the top 10.

Win at least 1 of my other misc tourneys, Foxwoods, LCI, NBS etc, get a check in the rest.

Fish NY Federation and make state team.

Acquire at least 2 new sponsors this season.

Manage to get into new boat before May, and if feasible a Ranger by end of the season.

My goal...

To outfish TrepMan!

Otherwise, my main goal is to get better at locating fish, and not overworking a "dead" zone.

My goal is to try different baits and not fish all day with my favorite not catching anything. I can't seem to put the favorite away when it's not producing.

My goals this year,......

1.) Cash a check in BOTH of the FLW's I fish in as a co-angler.

2.) Get Forrest Wood's and Johnny Morris' autographs on my banner I take to shows with me!!

3.) Find 15-20 new rock piles and reefs in Erie and 'Clair and place in the top 5 in EVERY tournament I fish in this year...and WIN 2 of them!

4.) Make the Federation State Team for '04.

5.) Take "Scales and Tales" to a new level....getting my stuff in all 15 BPS stores and landing 2 more major retail accounts. (No slackin' Mini!!..LOL)

6.) Learn to master Crankbaits...(note to self..talk to Clunn and Fritts and ask for tips at every opportunity!!)

7.) Sell more rods for BPS at this years shows,..than last!! (ooohhh man,...That's gonna leave a mark!!)

8.) Be the BEST Pro-Staffer I can be for ALL of my sponsor's,...get some great press and say Thank "YOU!" to every man, woman and child who thanks ME!! (I always do anyway...it's more of a reminder than a "goal")

9.) Catch the largest Smallie and Largemouth of my life,..BOTH while in tournaments!!

10.) Have more FUN this year than in any year prior!!

(Not neccesarily in that order!!..LOL)

Mac

my goal is to catch a bass on a jig and have a good year fishing and to continue to learn. hope to get out as much as i can this year and maybe fish some new waters. this weekend is supposed to get up to 62. cant wait. maybe can learn enough to have some confidence to enter some small tourneys next year. gotta start somewhere!

jd

Get Mac to due up a couple more rods when I come out in March!!!!

Mac, I don't expect this to be done pro bono, I'll have a little suprise package for you. ( No it won't be Rob either even though he is little)LOL

Well parts of me are! LOL Anyway, I forgot, I want to break the 7 lb mark for a smallie too! I have a 8.5 LM and that will be tough to break up here. Maybe if I fish south. And oh yeah, survive the miracle mile with all vertabrae still in place.

They may look like a string of rock candy after that trip...but they'll still be in place....just a little out of alignment!!..LOL

Goal #1---Go fishing

Goal #2---Relax while fishing

Goal #3---Take kids fishing

Goal #4---Start over again

Mac,

Will that 520 have enough room me too? I want to help you and Craig with number 10.

I want to travel around Michigan and catch fish in as many lakes as possible. I would love to fish the northern part of state. It's been rumored that 8lb smallies die of old age and never even see a bait.

Even if I can't fish them, I at least want to visit ALL of the great lakes.

Marke

My goals for this season are:

1. Learn to fish the jig and pig and actually catch a fish.

2. Try drop shotting.

3. Catch LMB over 6lbs.

4. Catch SMB over 4lbs.

5. Fish more often.

fishrmn70

I'm gonna borrow one of simnitro's goals and expand on it.

I gonna try to outfish Trep and Scott - combined! I probably just jinxed my whole year!! I've had days that I didn't catch much, but never a whole season.

Bob G.

OK Bob, so what do you want to do AFTER the first weekend in May??? LOL

I figured that catching a perch by the dock will take care of my goals. After that, I'll just kick back and get my kids on some big smallies!

Bob G.

Well, it will need to be a big perch. Remember, Scott is the catfish master and Trep occasionally finds one of those 3# stripers. LOL We must have struck a nerve 'cause they ain't been in wid a rebuttal yet! LOL

I was only going to compete with their LM, SM or Spotted bass, that's why I figured the perch would do it!! I hope I don't have to fish for real to meet the goal!!

Trep is on a business trip and can't check in every 3 seconds. Scott will get wound up later and start talking smackdown smack again. You never know, it might inspire them get serious...

Bob G.

Latest posts

Back