1st Tourney Results Tri-State Bassmasters

• Thread starter Christopher Laurencio
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Christopher Laurencio

Reaction score
Fished my first Tourney of the year with my club Tri-State Bassmasters. I recorded my best finish so far in this club. Took third place out of about 24 members. 3rd place is not a big deal to most but for me, well I'm pretty happy. These guys are the NJ state team champs and some been fishing as long as I have been alive.

Anyway pretty cool! :cool:

I got a limit within the first 2 1/2 hours and was culling. My Total weight (paper tourney) was 11.7 lbs. Smallest one for me was 16 1/2"'s.

I got my limit on cranks and then culled on Spider Jigs.

For NJ & PA folks, the lake was Spruce Run, and now I love that place, never fished it before, but from the parts I fished, it has a lot of nice structure and deep drop off's/Rock pile's and lay downs.

Chris

:)Nice going Chris. Spruce Run is not my favorite place ,no weeds to speak of . There are some very good fisherman in Tri State . Did you fish as a boater on a non boater ?

nice job CJL, i don't get to fish a T untill may22. nice to place in a tourny,

GregD

Tom, went as a non-boater, most of the club members have Trophy & Carolina skiffs with 9.9 for Spruce & RVR. Maybe a lot of those laydowns and brush pile's are not in the water during low or normal water levels?

The water temps were in the mid 50's and muddy, I went to MC on Sunday morning, water temps in the High 30's!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway when are we going fishing?

Let me know when you are free. Right now I have a prop issue with Basscat . The prop that came with the boat is the wrong one. I was unable to get up on plane last Thursday during a tournament on Hopatcong:angry: ! . When I took the boat out for the first time on Greenwood I had no problems ,just a little sluggish out of the hole. I figured that was due to the double oil mixture possibly . Thursday with an additional 50 pounds of lard

Tom, you should have seen the size of the striper my partner got in the AM, it was easily 10lbs.

I also got a monster pickeral or ???? maybe pike?, do you know what's in there? It was extremely strong and fought like a dog backing off a leash!

I want to go back there and go for some Stripers.

Chris, nice job on Spruce might get there next week after work. Did you work the x-mas trees?

Thanks CJ, I like Spruce Run, it seems more of a lake than a watershed to me. Don't know where the x-mas trees are? Fished mostly by the campground area. Can I get to the campground area by TM only? Or is it too far away?

I will mostly likely go back on Saturday, for some fun fishing. The pike and stripers were very fun.

Back