1st time for me and musky

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eric nichols

Reaction score
Got an invite to do some musky fishing from my brother-in-law. Anyone have any advice on rod and reel to use? Got a few Gander Mt. gift cards, so this looks like a good time to use them.

Thanks,

Eric

Get a stout 7 or 8ft. heavy action graphite rod, and an ABU 6500 or 6600 bait caster, braided line, big lures(4-12oz.) double cow girls or some big plastic.

Where you headed ?

Not sure exactly where, Tim...somewhere in eastern Ohio. Will let you know when I find out. Thanks for the advice.

Eric

I posed that VERY question to Pete Maina a couple weekends ago............all you really need is a 7'6" flippin' stick and a good Baitcast reel loaded with 60lb braid.......use the gift cards to buy a few spinners and body baits. No need to buy a "Musky specific" rod/reel combo when your Hvy Bass gear is fine,...especially if you're only going out once in a great while!! ;)

Good luck,....you'll have a blast!:wub:

Thanks, guys...I've got that stuff, so I will use the gift cards for deer season.

Thanks again,

Eric

Latest posts

Back