1996 Nitro TF

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob norm

Reaction score
I'm considering buying a 1996 NItro TF. The boat looks to be in decent shape and has new $1000 trolling motor. The engine was recently rebuilt and has only 20 hours on it. The guy is wanting $4000. What does everybody think? Is this a good quality boat? Thanks for your help.

Is it a 190 and which motor? I had a 96-190 with a 150EFI. It was a great boat.I bought it in 97 and sold it in 04 for 4500. It had updated electronics and a Tour M/G TM.Sounds a little high on his price.

I don't mean to be a naysayer, but he is a little high. I understand he has put some $$ in "fixin' her up", but you'll never get *your* money back when you go to sell it. I have a '96 TF170 that I "stole", and spending very little $$ "fixin' her up", and I've been told by a reputable tech that I'm just doing it for the next guy. Try to talk him down $500 or $700, then keep what you save in "escrow" for the repairs he inevitably missed.

You know what they say about opinions, but I hope this helped.:D

Latest posts

Back