1995 Tracker Pro 18, carpeting, polishing, and rivet sealing

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theschlepp

Reaction score
Hi guys, I just purchased our first Tracker, a 95 Pro 18 with a 90 horse mariner. Being a 95, it needs everything and I hope some of you can either shorten, or eliminate, the learning curve for me. First off, the carpet needs to be replaced and I have no idea where to take it to get the best price. I live in Tucson, AZ. I've heard there are "kits" available. Second, all of the rivets have been coated with some substance that has turned whitish and crisp. One rivet leaks that I know of. What's the best way to tackle the rivet leaks? Bullfrog kits? And thirdly, polishing. The aluminum is quite dull and I'd kinda like it to shine like my grandmother's Airstream. I'd like to get ideas on what others have paid to have their aluminum boats polished. Thanks in advance for any help!

Attachments

• IMAG0799.jpg
    IMAG0799.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 601
Welcome. Google "Sharkhide" for the polishing part. As for the leaking rivets, drill and replace is the best cure but there are other fixes. I'll let the tin guys address the carpet.

If you are not afraid of a little do-it-yourself, I re-did mine with carpet from Lowe's. Its about $10.00 a yard. Glue about $35.00 a bucket.

Latest posts

Back