1991 Nitro 170 Tf With 1996 Evinrude Intruder 115

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Waters

Reaction score
Hi everyone, my 16 yr old saved up his money and bought a nice 1991 Nitro 170 TF with 1996 Evinrude Intruder 115 for bass fishing. It came with no lower unit but have since found one. The boat is in pretty decent shape and just needs some TLC and very minor repairs. Does anyone know where we can find an owners manual for this model and year for both the boat and motor?

Thanks

Mark
I used to have a Nitro 170DC with a 90 Evinrude. It's was a 93 and it never came with a owners manual for the boat only the engine. I currently have a 07 Tracker Tundra and it never came with an owners manual for the boat. You may be out of luck. Did you have a specific question?
fatrap

Mark
I used to have a Nitro 170DC with a 90 Evinrude. It's was a 93 and it never came with a owners manual for the boat only the engine. I currently have a 07 Tracker Tundra and it never came with an owners manual for the boat. You may be out of luck. Did you have a specific question?
fatrap

Thanks fatrap, no specific question at this time. Just want to make sure my son has everything he may need for his boat project. It's the most I have seen him dive into anything and he is learning a lot about boat motors at this time, that is for sure.

One thing to check. My 170 had a rub rail around the boat where the top cap joins the hull. There's a rubber strip in the middle of the rub rail under which lies the screws that hold top and bottom together. They work loose and it's a source of leaking. I'd check them when I seen a bulge in the rail. put a little silicone on the screws and drive them in. It didn't happen to me but the bow eye worked loose on a friends boat and he let it go too long and it was hard to fix. You have to take off a panel and reach it from there it it's loose. A drain screw is good to have an extra as it was easy for me to misplace.

I just found a couple spare drain plugs from my old Nitro 170 DC I can send them.
fatrap

Thanks again fatrap but I just bought some new drain plugs this past week so I am good there. Also installed a new bilge and fresh water pump, ignition switch, and a few other items. Boat floats and no leaks so that is good but I am having issues with the motor going into gear. I have adjusted the cable as far as it can go. It goes into reverse and neutral just fine but when pushing the throttle forward it doesn't engage. I can manually move the throttle on the motor about another 2-3mm and it will engage. I think the cable needs to be replaced as it has stretched too far. Anyone else ever have this issue?

Latest posts

Back