185 Trailer tires (revisited)....

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TOMMY RICH

Reaction score
I'm having my tire guru buddy checking on what is availible and kind of load rating on the 13" trailer tires:D It should help a few of us out;)

Tee, here is a link to the goodyear site with sizes and weights on the good year marathon radial. They make it in a 13" size and i believe the 175/80r13 in a c load range is a direct size replacement for what is on the tracker trailer.

Im my opinon the good years are the only way to go on the trailer. A lot of people run then and they have really proven themselves over the years. Personally i wouldnt run a goodyear tire on my truck ebcause i have never liked them but on my trailer I will not run anything else the goodyears on the trailer have just been too good to me over the years.
http://www.goodyear.com/rv/products/product_marathon.html

Me too...I have always thought BadYear were absolute junk but, everybody raves about the Marathons. Although I did notice the 13's are blackwalls. Not that it's that big a deal but, I'm still lookin' for somethin' to match my truck. I'm callin' him tonite to see what he found out....

Bill2e chack the link i posted below. Its to overtons.com when i was searching for a spare on a rim they were the cheapest place i could find for a chrome rim with a marathon radial on it. These come on the rim ready to put on the boat. They have the one i listed, a 5 blade style wheel for the same price and a white modular setup for $99. This one is the size that should fit yout PT 185 trailer.
http://www.overtons.com/modperl/overtons/detail/pdetail2.cgi?r=detail_view&item_num=35114&fcat=2AN10

Call your dealer...you might be surprised at what you can get a set of chrome rims. I bought a set of the newer chrome cap covers that didn't come on my 02' and was pleasently surprised they were only $6 a piece:D

I recently saw the chrome cap covers for the PT175 trailer rims (i guess they're all the same?), for about $9+change as I recall at BPS.

That's a good deal because that was about three years ago when I bought mine:D

These days I guess that is a good deal for chrome-plated plastic, lol. At least I know where to get spares if one ever breaks or is stolen.

Make sure you carry a good size screwdriver with some duct tape around the tip so you don't crack the plastic. They are kinda delicate...pry with one hand while pulling the other side with your other hand and they'll slip right off with no problem:)

yep, already scratched the chrome slightly with the big screwdriver. I'll remember the tape next time.

Back