175 mariner probs

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevin dickey

Reaction score
hi new to site have motor question. i have a 1995 mariner magum efi 175 with 70 hours on it. ok up to 5000 rpm it runs like a top, bout at wot which is 5300-5400 it bogs down to 4700-4800 rpms. Mech checked fuel from tank to motor says its all good---now hes talking computer rebuild??? whats your thoughts please????

get another Mechanic, a Mercury Certified one with proper tools to diagnose the motor's electrics.

I agree...get it to another mechanic. There could be a million other things and the ECU is the last thing I would do. When was the last time the injectors were cleaned? Fuel pump rebuilt? Fuel lines/bulb replaced? Where are you located? We have folks all over the country and should be able to recommend a good one.

WELCOME to Transom Talk!!!

RH

only has 70 hours on motor but lines and bulb was changed last year---use only non ethenal gas and northern arkansas 20 miles from bull shoals and table rock!!!! yea baby best of both words!!!!!

well got time to take boat to Eastwald they talked like fuel problem hope its a simple fix

only has 70 hours on motor but lines and bulb was changed last year---use only non ethenal gas and northern arkansas 20 miles from bull shoals and table rock!!!! yea baby best of both words!!!!!

Must be in Mtn. Home area.....Batesville here and up there all the time

Welcome.... Lots of Black Motor guys here..... I'm OMC/Bombardier so good luck and wait for help from the folks here. The people here are the greatest you will find in the net.

Latest posts

Back