09 tracker 175 txw owners

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

butch hannah

Reaction score
how many 09 owners do we have here and how many got the "manufacturer's statement of orgin for a boat" sheet in the mail from tracker after your purchase. like this one
boatdatasheetblackout-2.jpg

if so who else is mad that this sheet says 90ph max and tracker lowered the rating to 75hp

on the 09 175 txw . the only reason i can see why they did this is to sell more of the 190tx because if you upgrade to the only 75hp they offer (optimax) its a almost 4k more in price and for that amount of money you can get the 190tx w/ a 90hp .... but the difference between the 50 elpto and the 90 elpto is only $1000 or $1500 ....

ok end of rant !!!!

I'm sorry Butch but I can't see where Tracker changed it from 90hp. to 75hp? It just could be this old eye sight but I do know that tracker does seem to lower the hp settings!

Uncle Billy

hey billy

its not on that paper its on the boats capacities tag on the boat

and in the brochure (75hp max) ... i tried to upgrade to the 90 when i was buyin it and was told that 75 was the max and was shown the tag in the boat by the shifter/throttle ..then 4 weeks later i receive that paper in the mail from tracker that shows 90hp max..

so i called tracker and told them about the build sheet (thats what i call it) and the customer service lady went and checked the boat being built and said yes its build sheet also said 90 and go the the dealer i got my boat from and get the 90 i wanted installed.

the dealer said they couldn't do it because of the capacities tag only sayin 75.

so after 3 weeks of taking to 2 different customer service people(both said the boat is rated for a 90 per the build sheet) someone higher up in tracker called me and said they lowered the 175txw for 09 to 75hp and wants me to send my build sheet back so they could make a change on it because they have changed the ones at the factory last week (2 weeks after my first call to them).. the only thing is this guy couldn't tell me why they changed them ..first they said weight then i said well the 75 optimax that you want me to upgrade to weighs 70lb more than the 90hp i want ( weight provided by a call to mercury)

then he said hang on and came back in 3 or 4 min. and said its the coastguard and i said again i called them and by the length ,width , depth and transom height they rate it at 136+ hp (same as the 190 tx) ... i got prepared in the 3 weeks that all this took place..

so the guy finally said i don't know why we lowered the rating but we did and demanded that i send my build sheet back .. i said no thanks im going to have a 90 installed somewhere else and since they changed the build sheets after mine it grandfathers my warranty on the boat..

Butch,

Welcome to the world of Tracker double-talk. My 03 PT175 started leaking. I tracked it to the keel weld, found a 6" crack in the weld. I took it to a BPS who looked it over and reported it to Tracker, since "external" welds are covered for life. Turns out that even though the keel weld holds the boat together, the crack is not covered because at the factory, this is welded from the inside of the boat! When I asked BPS how much to fix, they said $400. I asked how long it would take them to take the boat apart and reweld it, they said they they would just weld it from the outside!

Bottom line, they won't fix it even though it holds the outside of the boat together because they weld it from the inside! I wound up brazing the weld myself, haven't had a problem since.

Love my boat, won't deal with Tracker anymore.

My guess is that because of the emissions regulations that they have to sell X amount of boats with the 75 or under in that class. Just like with cars and trucks. Most of the customer service towel heads (sorry) people don't know or care what they are told to do, just say it as best you can in almost english. (sorry again) it was a bad to have to call india.

BF

Latest posts

Back