'08 Z-7 Livewell Question

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Smith2

Reaction score
My Z-7 has an auto and manual setting for filling the livewell, but the re-circ only has a manual setting. Why would there be a need for auto on the fill? I am thinking about swapping connections at pumps so the re-circ can be run on auto/ timer. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

The reason there is auto on the fill side is sometimes its good to flow in fresh water on the timer. It keeps the water fresh and helps the fish. Personally i think that the omission of a timer on the recirc side is shortsighted on Nitro's part for sure. What i did on mine is i installed a double pole switch and a timer on the recirc so i now have timers on both. Its not hard to do at all if you understand basic 12 volt wiring. The timer cost ~20 bucks and the switch was like 5 at the local hardware store.

Thanks for the response. Still kicking around ideas. I found the second timing wire for the OEM timer and I am going to try and run that back and see exactly where it goes. Maybe its already wired up and I just need a new switch.

I think you will find you need the second timer. That second leg would run it off the same switch as the fill if you hooked the pump to it. The recirc switch and pump the way its wired now dont touch the timer at all.

My old boat which was an 882 had a timer for both pumps and i had two little cans under there. Like i said before its easy enough to wire up a second timer and a new switch and it will make you all better.

Latest posts

Back